Tuesday, February 19, 2019

The Assassination of Brangwain Spurge by M. T. Anderson & Eugene Yelchin

This is a brilliant satire, reminds me of Gulliver's Travels and also Peter Sellers, How I learned to Love the Bomb.  I would say not for teens unless maybe AP students.  But you never know.  Also, if you like Doug Addams, this would be a book you may consider reading.  I read and listened to the audio book.  YOU Must have the book because the illustrations are an integral part of the story.  The illustrations are incredible. Alice in Wonderland meets Wizard of Oz meets the Hieronymus Bosch.  Big time on the Bosch.  (Thank you college art teacher)  I got to meet Eugene Yelchin, at the California School Library Association Conference last week.  I have a signed copy.  Now I need to meet M. T. Anderson.  What a collaboration these two talented authors came up with.

No comments: