Monday, October 1, 2018

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson



I read this book years ago.  It has never left me.  I'm posting it now because of what is going on in the news.  This past week, I've been in some interesting conversations about a candidate for supreme court of the US.  In the 1980s he was accused of sexually assaulting several women and now  after all these years he is facing his accusers.  This happened when he was in high school.  There is a movie called Sixteen Candles from the 1980s, there is a reference to a rape scene as well.  After all these years..... well, I just want my students to have the power to say something and maybe help people by sharing this book.  If anything has happened to you or your friends, please, please, please get help and talk to an adult you can trust. 

No comments: