Thursday, August 10, 2017

The Gold Seer Trilogy: Walk On Earth A Stranger by Rae Carson



I am an official Rae Carson fan.  This is my second series.  Had I known how good this book is, I would have read it much earlier.  I'm looking forward to book 2 and 3.  Yes, I would purchase for my high school library.  It has a teeny tiny amount of magic.  Barely any at all which I am so delighted.  It is engaging from the very beginning.  I had just chucked two books that I couldn't get past page 10. This story, you want to just keep reading and then when you get to the end, you have to say, I need the next book.  I like the struggle for survival, the behavior of the people and there are historical references.  I must declare that the native people in the story are treated poorly.  And that sadly too reflects what many people at the time were thinking and acting on.  The important characters in our story grow.  The villains in the story also grow.... more evil.   It's a solid story.  Enjoy.!!!!!

No comments: