Friday, June 16, 2017

Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy


I am a Julie Murphy fan.  This book was great.  Would I buy it for my high school library?  I'm not sure.  I'd have to get it cleared.  There is some controversy attached to this book.  Read it anyway.  First I read the book because it's Julie Murphy.  Second, my name is Ramona and I love to lap swim.  But third, the characters have great depth and the story is solid.  Why controversy?  Ramona goes for girls.  She has heartbreaks and disappointments with family.  She's poor but rich in friends.  Oh got to love that she dyes her hair blue.  But then a friend shows up from her childhood and their friendship become besties.  And then they have an attraction and become more then friends.  There are a lot of layers in this book.  There is mention of sex.  I'm very glad that the public library carries this book.  It is a good read.  Enjoy.

No comments: