Monday, May 8, 2017

Beautiful Music for Ugly Children by Kristin Cronn-Mills



This is my second book on the subject of transgender stories for teens.  The other one being If I could be your girl.  This time it's about a girl who knows she's a boy.  First, I shall say this is a good book because I think it's an important subject.  I had a student 15 years ago that I believe she believed herself to be a boy.  As a teacher, I was lost because it was new territory for me.  Second I should mention that there is bullying behavior, some violence target towards our main character and there are some harsh words of unkindness.  These words and actions are a part of the story that is used to make the life believable.  I think it is a good book and an important book.  I would say read the book before you put it in your library so you are aware of the content.  It's an good read.

No comments: