Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta


First, I'm going to say this is an amazing book and well crafted.  I loved the book.  I'm going to say this though.  This book will not be for everyone.  It's about a young princess who is the last born when a curse has hit the country.  No child has been born after her.  She's been forced to endure be with many different last born males in an attempted to break the curse and become pregnant.  Her life is with out love and kindness.  She is looked at as a whore.  You really have to sympathize for her.  There is mature content in the sense of what she has to endure to survive.  Froi is the hero of this book.  The characters stay with you long after all the pages have been read.  I look forward to reading  book 3.  Again excellent book but there are some very strong subjects of fighting and abuse.  I just want to give a heads up.